Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

For stuff on rack i zip tie cord to rack below. For others i use wood blocks, or rubber bottle stoppers

My main rack is perfect to zip tie stuff to the back, as the cental column has a mesh screen across the middle third of the back. I zip tie all the power cords down tight to the right hand side, and have all the interconnects loose on the left. So the weight of the cord is carried by the zip tied spots. For other locations i use wood blocks or rubber bottle stoppers under the bottom of the plug to support them.
Another way to help keep plugs in outlets is to use clay, or BluTack and squeeze a layer around the plug base to seal it to the outlet or chassis body.
Removing the plug later is MESSY, but the BluTack collects itself if you just tap it on the gooey remains. Thus not really a problem.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • For stuff on rack i zip tie cord to rack below. For others i use wood blocks, or rubber bottle stoppers - Elizabeth 14:42:28 05/01/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.