Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Has anyone here owned Luxman gear?

I've owned the Luxman L-550ax for a few months now. Class A 20 watts. Gave up a big rig to go with an integrated. I didn't audition Accuphase (actually didn't audition the Luxman either) but compared to my EAR 868 / CJ 140 gear I don't think of the word "sacrifice" in the least. The Luxman is well built, music has a good sense of scale and there is a richness that I don't remember with the CJ. That said, I don't think the front to back depth is as good as the EAR / CJ combo. I can't do an accurate comparison as I moved to a condo with a smaller listening room than I was used to at the same time I changed my system to an integrated. I know I've got about 20 less tubes and not that I have anything against tubes (i don't) but I like less tubes. I keep the stereo on for 12 hours a day sometimes a SS integrated suits my lifestyle and needs better. Speakers are Gallo Ref 3.5's, front end is mac mini/JK Mk 3/Response Audio 3.1 DAC. Analog is VPI Scout/Dynavector 20XL2 low output. If you're in the NYC/LI area and would like to come take a look / listen let me know.
Steve

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Has anyone here owned Luxman gear? - steveashe 17:16:42 04/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.