Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Why Did AES discontinue the Sixpac tube monblocs?

I also spoke with Kevin Deal and he proffered that at the SixPac's price point Cary couldn't make money...these were all hand-wired and assembled at the Apex NC Cary facility. PrimaLuna is comparable in price and sound quality and their build quality is supposedly higher than any tube gear made in the USA. Well, big surprise! I have used SixPacs for about 8 years now and still love 'em. And yes they are becoming hard to find used. I wonder how many units were sold. I know Cary's southern CA and NJ dealers got the bulk of those sales, but no idea what the total population is.

Also, the now CEO BIlly Wright and the investors wanted to move aggressively into multichannel and video equipment, which DAH has little interest in. Sadly, the other side of this story is that DAH apparently did not retire...you can finish the story as you like. And he started Cary at his dining room table in the mid-80s. I think I would have also had a lawyer at that table if I had been in his shoes!

I understand he is offering some items on EBAY under Dennis Had Audio but I've not been able to pull anything up.

cheers!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Why Did AES discontinue the Sixpac tube monblocs? - scootrnc 10:49:48 03/31/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.