Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Please pardon the OT? but I just have to ask about the air conditioner ban??? I've never run across that!

First of all please understand that being at over 1500' altitude this far North you really don't need an A/C here. Here being a 100+ year old private sporting club (hunting,fishing,hiking,skiing etc) in the Berkshire Mountains in Western Massachusetts. Not only no A/C but no internal combustion power boats on our lake or off road vehicles (snowmobiles, mountain bikes, dirt bikes or ATV's)on the 7000 acres that make up the club property. It really makes for a very nice quiet atmosphere that while not for everybody I would not trade for anything. However it's certainly no "Nanny" land Ozzy as it's not uncommon to wake up to a Moose, Fisher or Bear on my patio. Also It's also amazing to have real quiet and a clear night sky when you go outside. It may be surprising but in addition to "good" sound like music you can really develop an appreciation for silence. Hard to put into words but easy to live with.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.