Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Help with electronics making my audio roomTOO hot.

I usually (for many years) post in the high efficiency, cable, vintage and PC Digital forum sites, but, felt that this is likely the best place for help or advice in this area.

I have two First Watt Pass Labs J2 25 watt solit state amplifiers and one mint vintage Fisher SA-16 EL-84 based 15 watt stereo amplifier. All used to tri-amplify my Altec 416 15" woofers, Lowther PM2MKII full range 8" drivers and RAAL 140-15D Dipole mid-tweeters all on my 24" wide by 55" tall Open Baffles. All crossovers are 2nd order passive using Duelund copper paper in oil capacitors and Infuctors.

You would not think that my 14 foot wide by 21 foot long by 9 foot high dedicated audio room would be heated too dramatically with these little amplifiers (I also have two plate amplified corner loaded horn subwoofers which run cool), but it definately does.

All of the three main amplifiers are placed on a 4 tier Mana amp stand.

Is there any known method to possibly trapping and diverting the heat from these amplifiers OUT of my room?

Any ideas are MORE than welcome and very greatly appreciated.

Lance A.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Help with electronics making my audio roomTOO hot. - chopper87@aol.com 19:07:10 02/21/12 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.