Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: McAlister Audio

Let me tell you a short story about Peter McAlister. In early June, 2011 I contacted Peter about purchasing a pair of his OTL-195 amplifiers. We agreed upon a price, and about 3 weeks later I received them. Immediately it was apparent they both had a distortion problem. For the next eight days Peter told me how I should adjust them, but nothing solved the problem. I then sent them back to him, at my expense. He said he would get me a new pair immediately. Three months later, and under the threat of legal action, I received a new pair. Immediately, I was not happy with the hum from the separate power supplies. I'd estimate it at 75 to 80 db. I could hear it plainly from thirty feet away! Again Peter said he would get me new power supplies "immediately", That was Sept. 21, 2011. It is now December 22, 2011, and I have not heard from him since November 14, when he said he "almost" had them completed, and would call me the next day. He never called, and I have not heard from him. I have written, and called him, but he has not emailed me or returned my call. I might add, he stated he had played them for several days before getting them to me, and they were wonderful! R E A L L Y !!!!!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.