Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Unfortunately Yes, well over a year ago...

I don't know why they discontinued the SixPacs but I can only guess that Cary wanted to focus on their higher-end (more profitable?) line of equipment.

Dennis Had also retired a couple years ago and their Marketing guy (forgot his name) took over the company. Dennis loved to tinker and his SixPacs were some of his best work (in my opinion) especially when you consider their very reasonable price. In fact, the input circuitry on the SixPacs were later incorporated into the more upscale Cary V12 amps. (Latest V12r has the same input circuit as the SixPacs)

So, they're no longer available new and they're harder to find used. Since they were discontinued, I rarely see used ones come up for sale and when I do, they're usually 'beaters' and not in great condition.

I would put those SixPacs up against any 40 - 60wpc tube amp at any price!

P.S. The only reason I no longer own my pair of SixPacs is because I now run very power hungry Thiel CS2.4 speakers and I need well over 200wpc to make them sing. (Even the 150wpc Pass X150.5 was under powered for these speakers).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.