Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Ahh, yeah, my point was......

that nowhere on the site is there mention of doing the kind of mods to their listed offerings that you reviewed. In fact, they say the exact opposite.

Assuming what they say on the site is correct - and why would anyone assume the site wrongly states something? - you'd be reviewing a pre that other inmates could not purchase. As I said, to what end (unless maybe you posted the schematic on DIY/Tubes)?

"We are willing to do a LIMITED amount of service work for our existing customers. We are NO LONGER doing special projects or preamp builds, only repairs on existing amps."

I don't see how anyone could interpret that quote from the site differently than I did.

Anyway, glad you're finding that the pre is excellent, and from what you said maybe someone else in fact *could* buy one. But if they're offering custom build work/upgrades to their designs, seems to me they should say so instead of explicitly saying they do not.

Happy listening!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.