Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: VTL 5.5 Series 2

Sorry for the delay in response. I ended up purchasing the Herron VTSP-3A over the VTL 5.5II. I also purchased a Herron VTPH-2 phono stage. I really like the VTL and know people will be happy with it. I prefered the Herron for a few reasons. Quiet, dead quiet. I could turn my volume full on and no tube hiss. Also, very neutral and detailed. The VTL sounds like a tube pre-amp, lush, airy, detailed with the typical tube bloom. The Herron, more solid, clear and liquid. With the VTL I was impressed at how my system sounded. With the Herron I really forgot the system and was struck by how the music sounded. Soundstage width very similar, depth a little better with the Herron. Both are very good, both are very well made and both company's, (Bea at VTL and Keith at Herron) were very approacable and answered many questions as did my dealer. I think both are fantastic and at a similar price for line stage only (6550.00 for Herron and 6000.00 for VTL). I would demo both and be happy with either.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.