Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Solid State Power: MOSFET vs. Bipolar?

I'll try to fill in a profile system....whatever that is....or do you mean system profile? Although I simply don't see what my system has to do with the question. Nobody asked you to do 'work', the ultimate 4 letter word, maybe.

As for the rest:: I am just thinking about characteristics being ascribed to a part....in this case a transistor...be that bipolar, JFET, MOSFET, Various 'N' or 'P' channel devices....or whatever. The wisdom is that some stuff sounds a certain way. No mention is made of the gain stages in front or in back of the part in question. Or the circuit topology used, which IMO should make a bigger difference.

Also, and this is just my opinion, I'd like to see a comparison of 'best' with 'best' and see who can tell what and how much difference....and If certain parts can easily be identified. Same goes for class of operation....'A' 'A/B' or even 'D'. Just a difference would make me happy. Not a value judgement of best, but just difference.

Too much is never enough

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.