Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: What is an SP-10 worth?

It's in very good condition I'd say.

It was bought new by my cousin alomg with a D100A which I have for sale, and a D60A2 which I have sold. He also bought a set of Maggie 3's at that time. I bought the SP-10 off him 6 years ago I'd say. It was dirty then and didn't have the best tubes.

I took it to the store where he first bought it (Birmingham Michigans' Alternative Audio) and had them ship it to Audio Research. There it was cleaned,...a few small things repaired (a lock-ring on the umbilical cord between the 2 units, and the timer that makes the green light flash on warm-up). Then it was completely re-tubed and giventhe listening tests they do. I think it was $800 or something. I'm probably have the receipt.

It was shipped back to the store with the tubes packed in a seperate foam block and numbered as to where they went. The store owner and I plugged the tubes back in.

I can take some high-res pics and email them to you if you like. You can call me at (313) 868-2628

There are some scratches on the tops I'd bet,..but the fronts look great. The ground pin may be missing from the main power cord.

Besides the SP-10, I also have the Audio Research D100A amp for sale (solid state, Class "A", 100W per channel.

And an MMF-7 turntable with a Grado Sonatta cartridge. Probably less than 2 hours of total use.

A few descent interconnects. Wire World Atlantis 2.

Wirte World Atlantis (1) speaker cables. 8' long each I think.

Cambridge Audio D500SE CD player. Smooth 32 bit D/A. Best of the sub-$1,1000 units as of a few years back. Review here. http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/cambridge-d500se_e.html

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.