Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Diablo or BAT V300x

Yes, I am looking forwad to matching my components better. I chose B&W805s over Sonus faber cremona auditors 18 months back because I prefered airy and forward sound - which is consistent with your "aggressive" comment of B&W speakers. I still prefer that sound although have a better appreciation of more reserved/back-row-seat sound (more relaxing to listen to). Cable is another element I'm interested to play with more some time down the track. I have Kimber cables now and just got some QED silver anniversay xt cables (not expensive and supposedly good value) for a different system.

I am ruling out Classe CAP2100 amp for now since I listened to it (via 805s and then 802D) and while enjoyable did not like it that much in combination with Classe cd player (which I suspect was the component I did not agree with).

I will try and compare Diablo with BAT V300 (probalby not direct head to head but at least with a constant reference) and decide between those two in the coming weeks. DLK made a direct/relevant comment that BAT amp is understood to be superior to i-7 and Rowland. This is exactly what I was looking for since it is hard to compare amps side by side here in HK.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.