Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Buy an Audio research SP10 - SP15?

Hello everybody.

I write from Spain and this is my first Message in this forum. First of all i want to appologise my bad writting english.

I´m going to have the opportunity to buy an audio research sp10 MKII in near mint condition. Actually i used to listen vinyl (my system is Michell Orbe, SME V, Benz Micro Reference) with a very simple phono pre amp (project phono box), the rest of my system is Marantz sa11-s1, krell kav400 an B&w 805 SIgnature.
A friend of mine let me his audio research SP15 to prove it. I use the Krell as power amp. I like the sound in Vinyl and in line section.
I don´t know if i´ll have the opportunity to prove the SP10 in my system, and may be in three or four months i´ll can have an SP15, but i´m not shure the guy will sell me.
My question is that if the SP10 its much more better in phono, and not more bad in line than the SP15 ¿is it worht it?
Besides that the SP10 have a lot of valves (only 3 the SP15), woul it be easy to find refills of then if they broken down? will it be very expensive to change then?
Someone told me the differens betwen sp8 and Sp10 are minimals and the sp 8 have less valves (the problem is that i didn´t know anybody to have an sp8 to sell).
I have read too in forums that the ear 834p is closer to SP10 in sound ¿someone hear it?
Here in Spain it´s very difficult meet someone who have SP10 or Sp8.
Thanks to everybody who answer this post and thanks too to google translator....
Best regards, pepedrm

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Buy an Audio research SP10 - SP15? - pepedrm 09:14:22 10/15/07 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.