Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I think you had to dig pretty deep in the OP to find that point!

Your point is a good one if someone feels inclined to make the kinds of adjustments you suggest. But some of us, like myself, would find the additional fidgeting a PITA and not worth the effort. Maybe I'm missing out on something - who knows? I keep less than 50% of the recordings I bring home. Maybe if I futzed with a quality eq or tone controls I might end up keeping a larger %. Or maybe most of the recordings I reject are because I don't like the music.

Either way I don't really care enough to give equalization another try - for me it inspires a degree of involvement and anal retentiveness I can live without.

My read on the original post was that it proclaimed an eq as an alternative to buying higher quality components or to better component matching. And that somehow the audio industry has disregarded equalizers in order to promote wild consumer spending.

Eq's in no way improve the quality of an audio system, in fact unless the eq. is of equal or better quality to the system it will detract from the overall system quality. Though there may be benefits to using an eq, proper useage should not be taken lightly and I'm betting most eq and tone control users actually are very happy with how they misuse such a device.

Give me rhythm or give me death!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I think you had to dig pretty deep in the OP to find that point! - Don T 07:55:41 05/10/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.