Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Ayre Acoustics MX-R Amplifier (SS)

Something tells me I know pretty well what forum you're talking about John, though I haven't been back there in close to two years. Some pretty thick heads there. Good luck!

I have only heard the MX-9 in prototype form at last year's CES, but Chas was really jazzed about them then, and even how well they measured at that point due to some things in the VAS stage he hadn't tried before, thinking it wasn't the right thing to do- if we get wedded too much to our own dogma, it can be a hinderance at times. They did sound very good then, but he put a lot more work in and shipped the first ones over about three months later from what I heard than he originally plan- a definite perfectionist.

I've been so wrapped up in my day job that I hadn't even heard about the Thermal Trak parts from On Semi. Now I"ve got a few tubes of them to play with, but as usual no time. Maybe I should just start saving my spare change for a set of MX-9's... would be less work, I'm sure!

~Jon
Earth First- we'll screw up the other planets later....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Ayre Acoustics MX-R Amplifier (SS) - JonMarsh 18:54:08 05/07/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.