Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Seeking further help on choosing a tube amp

IMHO You should not buy a proto type. Audio manufacturers are not stable. Even big well established Audiophile companys die .
All you need to do is find a ten year old copy of Sterophile. In that magazine, not the e-zine you will see ads from popular brands that went out of business many in fact.
I have a Consonance M100 plus that if you roll the stock inputs 12AT7s and drivers 6SN7s, even the out puts EL34s (I switched to JJ blue glass EL34Ls) they are great amps I have owned it for 4 yearsI have never had a problem with it. It is it able to be many things musical, analytical, the extension is excellent, it accurately conveys your source signal. And believe it I use it with Von Scheickert VR2 87db sensitive speakers with ease in a big room !
The degree of tube magic will depend on your choice of tubes. It has never failed and has a remote.
I have used 12AU7s 12ax7s 5751s which are my favorite as inputs if you are flush the 12AU7 sub 7316 will blow you away with detail and holographic staging, and the availability of 6SN7s old stock is endless, I have a ton of them but you can simply buy inexpensive Sylvania GTB or RCA GTB they are abundant. I use fancier N7s but I enjoy collecting.
Now the final point a used version will not cost more than $600-$700. The new product is the Cyber see Ultavioletaudio.com It is an upgraded version of this amp exceeding your budget. Buy it Used.
This company is distributed all over the world and not in any financial straights.
DISCLAIMER I am not a dealer or distributor of this product but my friend is. I bought it however, when he had nothing to do with Opera/Consonance.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Seeking further help on choosing a tube amp - Mechans 05:51:58 05/05/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.