Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Hey Abe, Did You Ever Snag A BAT VK-300x?

My friends and I have heard the BAT VK-300x SE many times in the past. However, we never paid attention to it, because our focus was on the other parts of those systems.

Well, now that we've brought a sample in house, we've begun listening to it. Sorry, we do not know what the solid state and 6922 versions sound like. Sorry, we don't have large rooms, so we cannot test the amp on large speakers.

I didn't go into detail, but I put up some pics on my blog, below. With 4V balanced sources and regular speakers, a volume level of -40 to -35 (from unity gain) is about average for us. The display can be dimmed or turned off. Ours runs warm, but not hot. If you leave it on all the time, give it 6" of clearance space above. At least with the average-sensitivity speakers we have, we have to put our ears right up to the tweeter, in order to hear any hiss. As with all BAT preamps, you can name the inputs (up to 4 characters), adjust gain, limit max volume, etc. It's easy to scroll through the options, and then make adjustments with the knob.

As the unit we have had a little bit of playing time before we received it, I have no idea about burn-in. The only way to know would be to compare a brand new unit to one that's been used for a while.

I'd like to see what other VK-300x SE owners are using, and what kind of sound(s) they're getting.

-Lummy The Seahorse

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Hey Abe, Did You Ever Snag A BAT VK-300x? - Luminator 10:58:25 05/04/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.