Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

I have owned both the X2.5 and the Classe CP500...

As Charles has stated, there is really no right or wrong answer when it comes to options; we all have our preferences.

I have owned the X2.5 and wholeheartedly agree with Abe, the interface is a dreadful design! Besides being a very cumbersome design, I hated the remote and found that at its lowest possible listening setting it was still too loud at times. (To the credit of Pass, they were more than willing to adjust the gain for me if I wanted to send it in.)

For my use, I bounce between inputs regularly, I can be watching TV while listening to music and want to jump back and forth quickly, as well as adjust the volume and have access to mute. These steps are not quick one button actions with the Pass, via the remote or on the unit itself. The unit itself was made VERY well though.

The Classe is a users dream, at least for this user. There may be those here that think the options are unecessary and/or degrade the sound, but I find it hard to believe that if they used one for awhile, they wouldn't enjoy the flexibility.

I also owned a Mark Levinson No.383 in the past and this also was/is a users dream. As long as I am mentioning products, I had a BAT VK-30 that had plenty of options, I didn't care for the readout compared to some, but at least it had one!

My Mac C46 obviously has a lot of function built in and one thing I really like with thr remote is that I can change to any input with the push of 1 button, the remote has a separate button for each input.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I have owned both the X2.5 and the Classe CP500... - ScofieldKjv 11:28:44 04/16/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.