Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: hmmm...

Perhaps 1" is stretching it a bit, but not far. Once you find the sweet spot, even the slightest movement of your head will have you out of the sweet spot. At least with the Acoustat. Not a good speaker if you like to chair dance!

Then again perhaps 1" is overly optimistic. At any rate, prepare to have your head in a vise and sit absolutely still. No movement allowed. Not for this kid.

The Innersound is perhaps better, but it can't be much. I just see no good reason to have a speaker beam this severly. No need to beam that bad to eliminate room effects. I think this is really more marketing hype than reality. Because of the design, the speaker beams severely and we have to have a positive for this rather large negative. The Quad ESL, as an example, has about 70-80 degree horizontal dispersion. This is still narrow enough to eliminate room interaction, especially first reflection points, in most environments yet still allows for a big sweet spot by comparison.

Not trying to trash the Innersound. I have never heard this speaker, would very much like to, and it has received many rave reviews. Still, I can just about say it is not the speaker for me just by looking at the geometry of the panel. It will be a real beamer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: hmmm... - kentaja@yahoo.com 13:26:12 06/07/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.