Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Interesting

No stuff will stick to mylar. Just not the 3M spray!

I understand your idea better. This would be tough but potentially could be done.

One must keep in mind that Magnepan has choosen a path of economy. Could they be done better? Absolutely, but at a price. For instance, a true push-pull driver is much better, but you can't do something like that at the SMG price point.

Many products, including the Maggies could be made much better. But then price goes up. I believe Magnepan has struck the correct balance of performance vs. price. This is of course a matter of debate!

One thing for sure, prices would be much higher on the product if Magnepan implemented some of the ideas we hear on this board, most of which are excellent. And then they may not be quite as appealing given the competition. Would not sell as many, more price increases, etc. It is always a tough balancing act. Magnepan's longetivity and reputation in the market place shows their choses have served both Magnepan and the legions of happy customers quite well IMO.

The things are great stock and can be improved upon greatly. But most Maggies never get touched. When I had them I never thought of making any mods. I was thrilled with them as is. I imagine that situation would be different if them owned them today.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Interesting - kentaja@yahoo.com 08:00:05 05/04/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.