Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

One Point

My conclusion after the fact is that the 3m is the hell step, and that is magnepans hell, and one you needn't go thru.

The fact is, wiping off the glue with acetone is easy, brushing on DAP is easy, the wires will then stick to the mylar, AND FOR GOOD, and you don't even need the milloxane step.

So it's a $6 can of acetone (you need very little) and $2.65 for the DAP. $8.65 beats the heck out of $325 and with all the worn out MGI's out there that need this, there is no reason to fear it or not fix them, and one entirely takes UPS out of the loop which HAS to be a good thing. Ten bucks and one afternoon and you're rocking by midnight again.

It is a tribute and a shame. They should fix the old failures, and they do, but they also should stop using products to adhere the coils that time has proven are faulty. I could get a brand new pair of 1.6's, and it isn't if they'll fail but when. That's just wrong.

For the record I did not get these to do this to, I bought them to experiment doing crossover mods. That they needed this done was a surprise to me when I got them home, but again, I only paid around $100 for them too, and I picked them up.

Thanks for the reply.

It's all about the music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • One Point - Peter Gunn 15:22:52 05/02/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.