Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Magnepan Voice Coil Repair - A Saga

Great article, I only wish it were up several months ago when I did my MG-Is. Fortunately, my wires weren't near so bent up as yours, but I had to redo a tweeter at the same time. For some odd reason, the 3M actually worked with that ultra-fine wire, but for the rest I was inventing new curse words to describe it. My haphazard solution for the big wires was to weigh the ends down with sockets, two sets worth in fact, while rotating them occassionally to minimize their being glued to the Maggies. Very frustrating.

I should warn you that it may be a long time, if ever, before you can get socks back on those. Everytime over the last several months (the better part of a year, in fact) that I've started to make motions to put the socks back on, some new rattle appears midpanel that I have to touch up with the Miloxane to settle out. At the rate I'm going at, I'm going to have the entire panel redone before I can finally gussy them up again and make pretty in new clothes.

- JP

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Magnepan Voice Coil Repair - A Saga - JP van Son 12:59:59 05/02/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.