Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Mye stands for Mg3.6r Maggies

Short answer: Virtually the same footprint as the Magnepan bases.
Long answer: The stand bases are constructed of 2" x 1" steel with a 1/8" thick wall. They are "U" shaped, 191/2" across in the front 20" in the rear 20" front to back. There is a bar of the same steel welded between in the back. The speaker's front face now sit 5" from the front edge of the stands, about 2" closer than the original. At the back of the stands are 48" struts that angle up to attach through the screw holes that are in the sides of the speakers. The struts are 1" x 1" x 1/8" wall. The bases attach to the speakers through the same holes that the factory ones use. All the steel is professionally powder-coated in your choice of color (I chose matte black for mine) and each base rests on 4 heavy brass cone points that are threaded into the bottom. The speakers now stand about 2" taller than with the original stands and are extremely ridgid, no more swaying back & forth. Installing them was easy, even for someone as clumsy as me, and no modification of the speakers was necessary. I urge you to give them a try, even with s&h from Canada, they only run about $375.00 USD and are money well spent for the improvements they offer.
I'd post a picture if I could, but everytime the budget allows for a camera purchase something audio related steps in between and shouts BUY ME INSTEAD! Anyway thanks for the question as it gave me an excuse to look over the stands again.
Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.