Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Interesting! Many of those who do these upgrades end up selling their speakers. . .

I totally agree with your recommendation that it takes 1 to 2 years for new Magnepan owners to optimize equipment and placement. I have owned 1.6's for 3 years and through curiosity usually inspired by postings on this forum continually discover new ways to make these speakers better performers. I upgraded x-overs and stands at about 2 years and I can't stress the significance of these upgrades enough. They truly put the speakers into another class of performance. Still, after the upgrades the Magnepans teach me on a continuing basis how much can be achieved through minor adjustments. The latest being a post by S.Hum and his experience with Symposium Rollerblock Jrs. that are due to delivery on Friday. I have owned MANY loudspeakers and components as have most of the readers here but the 1.6's are one member of my system that I cannot imagine ever wanting to replace. Too much ramblling, thanks for reading.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.