Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: maybe the movies here will give you some ideas:

Saw there was going to be some panel about vibrational dynamics of ribbed cone and ribbed panel radiators, but don't have any details.

Anyway, some of the movies here http://www.gmi.edu/~drussell/Demos.html might give you some ideas to contemplate about the differences in sound. Anyway, it would seem a piston radiator would be more like a point source in a closed box while a maggie would act more like a dipole (with some different types of rectangular membrane distortion than a circular cone radiator) and would be more like a line source than a point source so the radiation pattern would be different and may not follow the inverse square law for intensity as closely as a point source so internal room reflections would have different patterns of interaction, phasing and instantanious pressure at a given sampling point. It's a thought anyway... personally, I don't really care... I simply like my maggies.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: maybe the movies here will give you some ideas: - Pam 22:53:26 06/04/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.