Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Re: Perception of Maggie Bass response

As has been said before, mostly in reviews of Maggies, the quality of the sound, and especially the bass, is determined by how a speaker loads a room. Cone drivers move air in a manner completely different from how a planner or electrostatic driver will. This goes a long way toward the sound differences you've noticed. Keep in mind room size (as with any speaker) and placement (a BIG qualification with Maggies) will have a lot to do with your perception of bass reproduction. Your points are valid, however. Maybe that's why some recommend the use of a quality sub-woofer with Maggies??!!
Also, both previous posters have made quite valid points. It does take quite a bit of power to make Maggies sing, but a Maggie buyer should know that going in.
All I know is that my 1.6's, in a small 15.5' x 13' x 7' room, offer up bass of better quality than any other speaker I've had in house (all cone drivers) before. Hey, as Steve Rochlin say, "Enjoy The Music."

John Crossett

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Perception of Maggie Bass response - JMCIII 04:14:13 06/03/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.