Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Infinity ServoStatik - high end stopped working on one panel

Hello Inmates!

I have had an original ServoStatik for a few years, and used it quite regularly for awhile. Unfortunately the high end on one of the panels went out not too long ago.

It didn't just cut out immediately - the high end volume level on the bad panel got lower and lower until one day it stopped. The orange light still comes on. Mid-range still sounds excellent.

Luckily I found a slightly beat-up spare panel on eBay at the beginning of the pandemic, so I can use this for practice. Its high end is suffering the same fate - about halfway gone now.

I'm no EE but I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, so I want to try repairing the spare panel and if that goes OK I'll repair the nice one. I don't have a schematic but it looks like there are a couple of easy-to-reach transformers that are obvious candidates for replacements. There are what appear to be some resistors and small capacitors that are coated with some sort of wax, hopefully I can avoid dealing with this.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed with troubleshooting, or maybe even a schematic, please let me know. It looks fairly straightforward though.

The image URL should have the two photos showing the electronics, and I attached one of them to this message.

Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Infinity ServoStatik - high end stopped working on one panel - pyite 10:47:02 03/08/23 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.