Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Suggestions?

So I have a factory restored set of Tympani IVa's that I was able to finally unbox and set up. Love the mid/high end, but the bass leaves me cold. Also, these things are not making the significant other happy with their cut the room in half size. So, I am considering the following options:

1. I can ditch the 2 bass panels per side and build a set of h frame woofers run up to say 250hz or so. I would convert the mid/tweeter panel to actively tri amp the woofers, mids, and tweeters. I have 2 AE dipole 18 woofers factory new in boxes I bought to use for subs but could use them instead of the bass panels.

2. I also have 6 24" neoplanar drivers made by ATC with B&G. They are said to cover 180hz to 20,00hz. I would make a baffle with 3 per side and use these with h frame 18" woofers as above.

3. I would make a baffle and use the Magnapan tweeter with the ATC neoplanar ribbons as mids, woofer as above.

4. I have 20 neo-8's I could use as mids along with the Magnepan tweeter in baffle, along with the woofer as above.

5. I understand that Magnepan is now upgrading the mid panel to a foil mid. I would replace the Tympani mid with the new foil mid and use it along with the Magnepan tweeter and AE h frame woofer in an active 3 way.

Any suggestions appreciated. I know that several people here have converted the Tympani mid to neo-8 or neo-10, rd-75's etc...Thanks!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Suggestions? - goryu 10:20:14 12/12/22 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.