Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Greatest tweak? BACCH4Mac program.

Just got the trial Intro version.

https://www.theoretica.us/bacch4mac/CheskyLanding16.html

Had a walk through scheduled for 3:30 pm. At 3:30 my phone rang. The caller introduced himself as Edgar. It was Prof. Edgar Choueiri himself, the program developer and rocket scientist! He called me from his vacation in Spain and took an 1.5 hours of his time to get me up and running!

I've just started listening to it. On Chesky demos the sound starts from my left side and goes around to my right side, way outside of the speakers. You can hit the bypass button on the program and the presentation shrinks immediately.

His explanation is you're hearing what the microphones heard during the recording. He played a jazz recording he did for Chesky (he's a consultant for them). A single microphone was used just in front of the quartet. The trombone came in between 9 and 10 o'clock to my left.

I'm going to keep it. Costco had MacBook Air for $799, so I bought one. Running it through the DAC on my Marantz SACD player.

He said the Intro gives you about 80% of what the Audiophile gives you. Try the Into first and then the head-tracking. That way you can tell me if I need to upgrade! That's a lot of money.

The link is an interview (long) that explains it better.

Edits: 12/03/22 12/03/22 12/03/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Greatest tweak? BACCH4Mac program. - jimbill 12:58:34 12/03/22 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.