Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I've got them for 3.6

I'm using the Sound Anchor stands for my 3.6. I haven't seen the SA stands for the 20.7 but would think they are basically the same except for some size differences.

IMO, you'd be much better off using the Mye stands. The SA stands are certainly solid and well made and an improvement over the stock stands. They add some slight stability versus the stock stands and allow tilting fore and aft, which can be handy in "tuning" the speaker to the room or to your taste.

But, the SA stands don't have the Mye stand's braces (side rails) which attach higher up the back of the speaker and which are crucial to adding significant stability and improving the sound. The speaker attaches to the SA stands using the same screw holes (and screws) as the stock stands and nothing else. So the SA stands just can't match that stability and I don't think there is much if any sound improvement using the SA stands.

Also, the Mye stands keep the speaker from topping over easily and getting damaged. The side rails on the Mye stands are not beautiful but they sure do their job in providing stability and improving sound.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.