Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

I too am interested in the German Physik speakers...

...but opinions on sound quality of the SAME system will vary considerably.. For instance, according to Roger Sanders, I'm the only person ever to return a pair of model 10s (of any version).. I did so because they were not, overall, better than the hybrid-planar system, Serenity Super-7s, that I had and still have. (Roger was VERY helpful and gentlemanly about the whole thing.)

I'm sure that many people don't much like the enveloping, somewhat-nonspecific sound produced by a properly setup polydirectional speaker system.. I for one would LOVE to hear one and am discussing when I can get to the US's only dealer, in NJ.

On the 'uniqueness' of the Dicks Dipole Driver, I believe that's a too-strong label for the result of the evolution of this concept, but that doesn't make it any more or less 'good'.. Apparently, its sound quality is excellent, and I'm highly tempted to spend the time and money to hear them, soon.. I have a big-enough room to keep them about 5 feet from all walls, so we'll see.

And 'planar' they're NOT.

Edits: 10/20/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.