Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

And you know this because why?

Magnepan is different. They have never wanted to expand to meet high production demand due to the knowledge needed to do many of the jobs there. Then the pandemic showed up and slowed things down, whether that be fewer employees because some retired or left or the state closed the facility I don't know, along with possible supply chain problems all leading to the need to wait 12 weeks for products.

I got no idea how long it takes dealers to receive product. I don't know how long it takes for customers to receive direct orders like the LRS. But looking at the factory it seems to do one thing at a time, do it very well and then move on.

Maybe they came out with too many updated/new products over a short period of time causing a building backlog of product. It seems many folks understand this issue (if they are not losing all those orders) and realize that once they receive their speakers they will be able to enjoy them for decades or sell for close to what they paid.

Heck there is a discussion on a package shipment that was sent Royal Post to the US (I think) on July 7, reached US customs in NJ...today, Sept 23. Not like the supply chain is working as it should these days and the postals systems aren't really a major part of that. The world is screwed up for lots of reasons right now.

Hope Magnepan comes through all this in a stronger position.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • And you know this because why? - kff 11:26:10 09/23/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.