Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: Deeper bass without deeper-bass-speakers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Well, I have not measured anything. This is for two reasons:
1 When I did some years ago, "good" measurements did for some reason not correlate with the sound-results that satisfied me. That in turn made me more confused and more uncertain about what actually was good...
2 I listen to nearly 100% to large scale symphonic music and to some minor part to smaller scale such as solo piano or maybe some string quartet. This type of music is in itself easy to evaluate the reproduction of. It is quite easy to judge if it sounds realistic or not when listening to things that exists in the real world all by itself.
The speakers are about 1,4 metres from the wall and they are angled in a way that the reflexion-area is spread out over a large span of distances, i.e. not only the 1,4m distance but everything from the nearest part of the side wall behind the speaker, down to the corner and further along the back wall. Even the angles are then of course spread out over a large span of values.
This eliminates the need for damping, and because of this non-damping, the sound energy is used instead of reduced. Special arrangemants of complex diffusors are not necessary, because the natural use of the walls take care of the diffusion or rather spreading of energy vectors.

Follow Ups: