Planar Speaker Asylum

RE: LRS verses .7

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Planar Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

the GMMG is more in-line with a 1.6 in terms of bass and sound stage albeit room specific.

And they're more than just a pretty face, it's got mundorf silver in oil caps underneath the hood vs the stock solens.

Problem is they don't get much air time in my house.

I was working overseas at the time and I wasn't sure how long I would work for this particular company (contract was annually). So from that perspective I wasn't sure that when I'd return I'd have enough money for an apartment, condo or a house. Also during that time Pete was kind of hinting he might stop doing the upgrades so I ordered the GMMG's just in case I ended up in an apartment or condo.

Well I ended up staying a little longer than I thought: over four years. During that time I bought a house and set forth with my original game plan of getting a pair of my dream speakers: MG20x's. Well 2-3 years go by and they weren't popping up online (they were, just not locally so I can audition them) but a pair of Duetta sigs did, in fact only about 30 min from my place. I was able to audition them and subsequently grabbed them while I was home on vacation.

As fate would have it about a year later a pair of MG20's popped up about two hours from my place. The guy was going through a divorce and wanted to unload them. I told him his price was too high and I wouldn't be able to audition them since I was overseas at the time.

Long story short, I got them for an insanely low price plus a written guarantee they were in good condition. As an added bonus he drove them down and delivered them to my house. Having just gone through a divorce myself I kinda felt where he was coming from.

I didn't need two large speakers so I sold the Duetta sigs for almost twice what I paid for them. That was something I'd regret because they really, really sounded incredible.

Well fast forward about 8 years and as luck would have it another pair of Duetta sigs pop up on my radar, this time only about 15 min from my house. Long story short again I now have all three: Duetta Sigs, MG20's and Gunned MMG's.

I have the GMMG's in the living room powered by my Emotiva's and the Duetta sigs powered by a Halcro amp in my den/dedicated sound room. The MG20's are also in that room.

I keep the GMMG's not only because they sound spectacular and are works of art, but also as a reminder that they'll fit any room 'just in case' I ever end up in a condo or apt. But I have thought of selling them since they don't get much air time.

Edits: 11/12/21   11/12/21   11/12/21   11/12/21   11/12/21   11/12/21   11/12/21   11/12/21

Follow Ups: