Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

You could try this... or not

My Mapnepan 3.6s on Mye stands are also on a "vintage" concrete slab.

I tried a moderately heavy carpet plus a pad in my room (~14'x24') and it was worse than awful. Sucked the life out of the music and the room. I removed the carpet pad and everything was significantly better.

I thought the Mye feet sounded ok, but then, I tried the CMS Center Stage "LS" Loudspeaker Feet. They noticeably enlarged the soundstage, and improved the image density in it while reducing the noise floor with no detrimental effect on tonal color. I have used these with great results under my equipment which is why I decided to try them. These are not spikes - Jim Smith will never lead you astray.

These CMS feet won't work using the Mye threaded holes. You can just position the feet on the carpet under the stands as everything is more than heavy enough.

I also modified the Mye stands' mid-brace rear mounting system so that the speakers are rigidly clamped to them instead of to the wooden styles that hold the grill cloth. This helps to directly transmit speaker vibration to the stands and feet so it can be drained away. This is well worth doing even if you don't buy feet and only costs a couple of bucks for a few screws, nuts, and metal washers.

These feet will not be a viable option for most as they will set you back $5K. I'm probably the only person who's spent 20+ years and $20K on mods to a $4k set of speakers. Now that there's nothing left to upgrade, I can stop eating cat food, and spend all my time doing COTD posts on CENTRAL.

Edits: 07/23/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.