Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Yes, in the 140-Watt M-1s.. I used KPCU (copperfoil/'propylene/paper/oil) 600V....

...versions which are BIG.. The pair of coupling caps are 0.1s while the Voltagegain-supply bypass cap is a 0.47.. I bypassed the output-stage supply with one 1uF SoniCap Platinum (Teflon and tinfoil) per pole and also replaced the huge outputstage supply caps with new Nippon-Chemicon 27000/160s. Also added much SoundCoat the Thicker vibration-damping material to everything that rang, which was about all the sheetmetal chassis..

I drove the Quad 2905s for several years and the Super-7s several weeks with those A-S 160s, and both systems sounded fabulous.. The S7s also sounded excellent with my earlier A-S 60s, and I now have another pair of 60s that arrived today, this time model III.3s..These have the V-Cap, Caddock, and main-PS-supply uprades.

Sanders believes in huge (as in 500 Watts into 8) amounts of power even with his medium-high (94dB)-sensitive 10s and thinks the 140 watts of the A-S 160s are barely adequate; Sonic Craft's Jeff Glowacki thinks the A-S 60s should be enough.. Since I'm NOT a headbanger and don't listen at high levels, I plan to start my Sanders system with the A-S 60s.. We'll see how it goes.

I bought the 10e system for 14K$ without amplifier and he waved the shipping charge if I would pay by check instead of CCs or electronic systems that would cost him a substantial fee.

Edits: 07/23/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.