Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Is 50 Watts per channel enough for MG1-IMP?

Quote-"Since my Maggies are rated by the manufacturer as needing 50 to 80 Watts, I am wondering if going overboard to 200 or 300 Watts could possibly damage them?"

Magiccarpetride you need as much power for your maggies as possible. The damage would be if you took them to very high outrageous volumes and clipping would occur and damage your speakers. Just hooking your speakers to a high power amp would not hurt anything.. Frankly it will make your speakers come alive as others have mentioned. These speakers need lots of power, no way around it. I have ran maggies all my life, and just a few years ago I heard my speakers really come alive. I put a set of 500w high current mono blocks on them, no looking back now. The quality of sound coming out of those speakers is night and day versus much lower power. Buy as much amp(s) as you can, higher wattage and of course make sure it is a quality amp.

Good luck
My Pronouns are: Conservative, Patriot and Two Turntables

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Is 50 Watts per channel enough for MG1-IMP? - TwoTurntables 07:11:30 06/28/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.