Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: No direct sound, 100% reflection ?

In the current configuration the direct sound bounces off the very reflective side walls. The TV is positioned far enough forward that no sound from the rear wave hits the TV. The front of the room is mostly diffusion, and this worked best even for the conventional setup. With the Rooze, the rear wave goes a long distance and hits diffusion all over the place.

Imaging and soundstage are very precise. The soundstage can actually extend beyond the side walls a foot or two depending on the mix.

I use Dirac Live room correction and there is a problem with Dirac's impulse response correction, but I solved that with the wood baffles shown in the diagram as well as some temporary absorbers that I use for the first measurement.

Bottom line ... yeah, I thought it was crazy too so one day I turned the speakers and I was instantly amazed!

Agilist, Musician, Photographer, Audiophile
Magneplanar: 3.7, CCR, MC1,LRS, MMGW, DWM; Outlaw: UltraX12, LFM-1C; Emotiva: XMC-2; Nord: Nord One NC500DM, Nord Three 1ET7040SA; Outlaw: Model 7500; OPPO 205

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: No direct sound, 100% reflection ? - MarcL 05:36:22 12/28/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.