In Reply to: Placing the DWM very close to main speaker posted by Stroemberg on December 20, 2021 at 07:50:04:
I have two DWMs with my 3 series. If I had one, I would have to put it in the middle, as it definitely puts out a lot of volume in the upper bass, and would pull the soundstage.
My extensive testing with the little fellas is that they work best when I put one about 12 inches or so closer to my ears along the wall (which means actually putting it about 3 feet ahead in my room because it is to the side), and the other side I put about 12 inches behind (actually immediately behind for the same reason). This really smooths the bass and adds punchlines. Honestly I cannot listen to my Maggies without the DWMs (admittedly I have them about 7 feet from the front wall which reduces upper and mid bass).
The other trick I have learned is to ignore Magnepan and run them via a separate amp. The two ohm load is taxing for most amps.
I know every system is different, but hope this helps.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Placing the DWM very close to main speaker - Stroemberg 07:50:04 12/20/21 (7)
- RE: Placing the DWM very close to main speaker - Swamis Cat 07:52:46 12/25/21 (0)
- RE: Placing the DWM very close to main speaker - Swamis Cat 13:23:15 12/24/21 (3)
- RE: Placing the DWM very close to main speaker - MarcL 14:37:34 12/24/21 (0)
- Separate amp - grantv 13:55:16 12/24/21 (1)
- RE: Separate amp - Swamis Cat 09:35:11 12/25/21 (0)
- RE: Placing the DWM very close to main speaker - neolith 14:30:27 12/20/21 (0)
- RE: Placing the DWM very close to main speaker - grantv 12:34:23 12/20/21 (0)