Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Decoupling, soft feet did make some nice improvements

I know well that this subject can render in hot debate. But if we put the emotional aspects aside, and just focus on experiences and physics, I want to report on my findings.
The findings are all about what I hear, not about anything measured. I have not measured anything, at least nothing that can be presented in figures.

So, my setup consists of 3.7i and a single DWM.
The 3.7s have the factory metal feet, the DWM has the factory oval MDF foot.
The floor is board on wooden frame with wall-to-wall carpet.

I have had the speakers feet put directly on the carpet until now, when I decided to place soft-pucks under the feet. The puck-brand is "Sonic Design" and the pucks are named "SD". These are just simple cut-outs from a foam-sheet and they come in different diameters, all (I think) of the same thickness. The foam is not prone to permanent deformation, i.e. when the load is gone the original height is not changed.

So, the most interesting thing is what they do whith the sound. Or rather with the music.
My observations of OBVIOUS i.e. not minute changes:
Deeper bass
More articulate bass
Greater depth of music (I listen mainly to large scale orchestral music)
Clearer, mid- and high frequencies

These pucks are cheap. Maybe not exactly cheap regarding the material and production, but cheap both compared to the metal-frame-constructions sold, and in relation to what they do to the music.

Take the above as a pure report, not as any attempt to convince others of what to think. You may think whatever you want. And of course also explain your thinking and experiences in this tread.

Edits: 12/20/21 12/20/21 12/20/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Decoupling, soft feet did make some nice improvements - Stroemberg 00:52:34 12/20/21 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.