Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Frank Sinatra hi fi 1965

Found this on the web

My longtime KCRW production assistant, Bob Werne, recently sent me a photo of Frank Sinatra standing in his living room alongside his hi-fi system. With a little help from my friends, Joey Cevetello and Yves Beauvais (who restores classic gear to showroom quality), we were able to identify most of Sinatra's components:
McIntosh C-22 Pre-Amp
Ad for a McIntosh C-8 mono pre-amp.

Amplification: Console furniture with built-in components was quite common back in the day, so we can't say what brand they are. I'm told that the three amplifier units down below might be Scott amps.
Preamplifier: McIntosh C-22 (pictured on top)
AM/FM Tuner: Fisher R-200 tube tuner
Loudspeakers: Either Altec-Lansing or JBL (James B. Lansing), but they look like they could also be other hi-fi classic models of the day by Klipsch, Jensen, or Tannoy.
Turntable: Garrard or Reko-Cut in one photo; the other photo has the turntable inside the cabinet under the Fisher tuner.
Reel-to-Reel Tape Deck: Correction: Not a 350 series Ampex 3-track tube tape machine; rather, it is a Presto 825 3 box/3 channel deck. Thank you Bob Donnelly for that 411. Also thanks to George Little for telling us The three units below the tuner and preamp the power supplies for the Presto tape unit amps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.