Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: LRS verses .7

I have had many Maggies in the past. The mq12,1.6 and 1.7. Not the I version. I loved them but eventually sold them. I purchased the .7 s about 2 years ago. After the hype,I purchased the LRS and they arrived in April after 12 long weeks. There are differences between the speakers. The LRS are very clear in the midrange. The .7s are a bit larger sounding but a bit muddier over all. I purchased Magnariser stands and used it on both. The LRS benefits most from them. I also use a very fast sub from Sunfire. A 10 inch woofer which blends nicely. Not sure if you are aware of the recent price hikes at Magnepan. I definitely think with the stands and sub the LRS is much better then the .7. It might actually be better then all the Maggie's I have had in the past. I also had a 3.6 which didn't work out well,my mistake as my room was to small. My fault. The LRS has some magic dust or something sprinkled on them. They are incredible ,but the require an amp with current. Maybe more so then the.7 happy shopping.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: LRS verses .7 - dmjohnson5456@gmail.com 09:55:57 12/02/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.