Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

question regarding soundstage position

currently I'm running my Apogee Duetta sigs through a pair of PS Audio M700 mono blocks and a Audio research LS26.

I've noticed the soundstage is off to the left about 2-3%, or if a perfect soundstage is at 12 o'clock, mine is around 11.

Adjusting the balance actually makes it sound unnatural although shifting my body to the right helps somewhat. I'm pretty sure it's not my hearing as I've had hearing test a year ago during a physical.

I've ruled out the cables and will swap the amps positions (although I seriously doubt those are the issue, but it's easy to do).

I'm wondering if it could be one of the tubes in my AR or worse case scenario a bad capacitor in the Sigs although I wouldn't be afraid to change them out. *edit: I guess if I swap the speakers that would solve that mystery but at 100 lbs each not something I can do easily.

This isn't something I couldn't live without as the shift is slight but not having it exact dead center brings out the OCD in me

Any suggests?

Edits: 10/30/21 10/30/21 10/30/21 11/03/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - question regarding soundstage position - Green Lantern 05:44:28 10/30/21 (28)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.