Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: A Bryston 4B with Maggie .7's

Tonight as a test I put some Mogami 2549 very low cap IC in between the DAC and PRE & 4B3. The effect was extremely noticeable & actually showed the clinical nature of the ESS SD architecure of my DAC. That is what should happen with good amplification. You should be able to tell right away when you have made such a change. When I switch back to some shielded Star Quad with Middle Capacitance, a very different sound (which in this case I prefer). The same thing happens if I choose to change a tube in my PRE. The PRaT does not change, it remains correct. Your front end, loom & tubes if you run them should be the controls for your overall finished sound, tonality and timbre. This is my strategy. If your system is not resolving, then of course this does not matter. JMHO, others feel differently of course. (Footnote, test done with reasonable priced standard cables, just different structure & capacitances).

Edits: 10/12/21 10/12/21 10/18/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: A Bryston 4B with Maggie .7's - Mcmusicman 17:06:08 10/12/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.