Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Rewire isn't hard but as stated, tedious.

I redid a pair of IIc and removal of the wires was easy, paint with acetone let sit a bit, not long it evaps very quickly, and then lift up the wire. Since the acetone will wick to most of the panel, good that you are doing a bass panel and not trying to protect a tweeter from the fluid. Once the wire is pulled up, wipe the Mylar with acetoned paper towels till clean...a couple/three should be fine.

But before you do any of the removal, make a detailed map of exactly how the wiring is laid out. Haven't been in the Tympani woofer but the Magnepans I have opened has double runs on some magnetic fields (gaps between the magnets) where you want the wires to rest. I'd make the map and get some good pictures to verify for those times you are making a turn and don't know where to go next.

Not knowing what glue you will be using, I'll leave installing the wiring to another post. I did it freehand instead of using a jig and it came out fine but not exactly perfectly aligned. Speakers sounded great though. I don't think the wire cares if it is off by an mm here and there or the loops aren't exactly perfect.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Rewire isn't hard but as stated, tedious. - kff 12:59:18 10/06/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.