Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: the LRS won't let you down - nt

I powered both MMGs and 1.7s with Emotiva UPA-1 mono's over 10 yrs. I bought them at the end of their production run, got the pair to my door for $598. They did a credible job of powering the maggies, especially for the price. I never had a lick of trouble with them and they were pushed hard at times.

My preamp is about 20 yrs old so I opened it up to see if any caps were swelled or leaking, thankfully they were not. I decided to check the UPA-1s as well, almost all the caps were swelled and at least half of those were leaking. I was a disappointed but I got a solid 10 yrs usage out of them and for the price paid I knew they were not going to built like a Bryston.

I also put together a system for my sister based on an Emo stereo amp (200w a side, don't remember the model number) that was also purchased on sale at the end of a model run, it has had no problems over about 7 or 8 years.

I have read of others having issues with Emotiva equipment, thankfully I never did.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: the LRS won't let you down - nt - Kurtle 15:47:31 09/02/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.