Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Divas

I missed the boat about 3 yrs ago when a pair of Divas 'and' Scntilla's came up for sale at the same time in two different places in L.A. (about 2 hours from me).

I had my plan all set for the Divas including U-haul van.

The plan was to audition them, pick them up and get them in my room before the wife got home from work, but knowing LA traffic that couldn't have happened.

Plan B was to do it ANYway, and the hell with the wife but I weaseled out of it knowing that would have been pretty low down even on my scale.

Yeah I know what everyone's thinking: 'Hey -talk to the wife, tell her $6,000 is not 'that' much and she can listen to them with me'...Ha! Not in my world would that work. My wife is not like other wives, every time she'd hear me playing them would only remind her of the money I spent - on myself (and I can't say I'd blame her).

Ultimately something inside of me said 'hold off, now is not the time'.

Not to mention dealing with a pair of 400 lb speakers with potential ribbon issues, possible divorce (well maybe not that extreme :) would not be worth it.

HOWEVER- had the speakers had the above description I wouldn't have hesitated and probably would have taken my wife with me lol..

Edits: 07/13/21 07/13/21 07/13/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Divas - Green Lantern 12:20:09 07/13/21 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.