Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Recommendations for using DEQX with Magnepans

Short answer, can't tell for the IR image.

When you do calibrations, you want clean measurements. You need to check the measurements first before proceeding, else the correction will try to reverse something that isn't there (e.g. erroneously turn a phantom frequency peak into a frequency dip).

Unfortunately, the GUI in the DEQX software doesn't allow you to fully inspect the measurement (e.g. as compared to software like REW) other than zooming in on the IR so it is hard to say what it will do.

The cleaner the measurement with the quieter the background will result in a better filter. Increasing the frequency sweep length also increases the quality of the measurement (establishes a lower noise floor), but simultaneously increases the chances for transient ambient noise to sneak in from other sources (furnace, AC, refrigerator compressor, appliances, pool pump, kids, animals, vehicles, gardeners, construction, maintenance, power tools, etc.). When my cockatoo hears the timing chirp, she interprets it as her queue to chime in ruining the measurements.

2022/03/30 Historical Records CENSORED

Edits: 05/11/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Recommendations for using DEQX with Magnepans - emailtim 09:10:20 05/11/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.