Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Recommendations for using DEQX with Magnepans

I recently found the time, weather and motivation to measure my Maggie 1.7's outside at a semi-rural friend's property. I took measurements of both panels at .6m, 1.2m, and 1.8m at 1.75m height (vertical centre of the ribboned panel, on axis with the transition line between tweeter and mid ribbons). Initial calibration has been based on the .6m measurements - there was not much variation between the varying distances, but there was enought variation between the 2 speakers to make measuring both worthwhile. My first attempts at room eq with DEQX have been very pleasing, unlike my first attempts using earlier indoor measurements, but I think a lot of the improvement is down to becoming more familiar with the inner workings of the DEQX software, especially the subleties of the equalizer adjustments. I now have a baseline configuration that sounds good with lots of different music styles, recording variations, etc. I'm sure I will do a lot more refinement of these initial settings (lots of variables to play with ;-)), but I'm a tinkerer and I'll enjoy the process. I'm not planning to get DEQXpert help at this stage but who knows? You don't know what you don't know, and the temptation to see whether a DEQXpert could significantly improve my tinkerings might prove irresistible ;-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.