Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

you need DSP + good sealed subs

When I started using my Anthem ARC system with my 3.6 + sub it significantly increased the 'snap' and 'weight'.

Subwoofer integration was so simple. The crossover to the sub I set at 70Hz, which without a quality measured correction algorithm, would be much too high for planars, but with ARC it works perfectly.

There is still low bass going to the panels but not as much, and that really helps the dynamism. There is a 40-50 Hz main panel resonance on the planar bass which unfortunately has some energy storage & delay (that's what resonance means), and taking that out truly helps.

Limit the top frequency of correction to 500 to 1500 Hz, not higher. DSP algorithms can stunt the magic Maggie midrange there.

And now with much less energy going to bass at its resonance, the mylar flex and possibility to hit the magnet is far reduced, and you can turn up the volume. If you can take out the lower bass, the maggies can handle quite a bit of power (excluding true ribbons) as there is plenty of air to cool the wires.

Edits: 05/03/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • you need DSP + good sealed subs - DrChaos 12:50:06 05/03/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.